That first Sunday at CBC, was a turning point. The people there were strange :). Right in the middle of the service they stopped everything and took time to shake hands and greet each other. I had these people I didn't know shaking my hand and saying hello to ME like they were really glad I was there… could they be for real?? Then this little old lady (W.P.) wearing a hat came up and gave me a hug like I was some long lost relative that she was excited to see again… weird-o! Then while I was sizing up the choir, forming my opinions of people before I met them, my eyes landed on a certain little lady. As I was looking at her smile that seemed to be the brightest on the platform, I heard a voice behind me, and to the left say,"watch her, she'll be good for you". I looked back to see who would be so bold… and there was nobody sitting behind us. I leaned over to my right and whispered to my mother,"That lady looks nice". I am not sure why, but I went every Sunday for the next 11 weeks. I know why I missed the 12th week, lol. The Youth Pastor was having a contest and the first person to attend 12 weeks consecutive was gonna win a flight in a small plane over the town… I don't like to fly, especially in small planes, I was NOT going to win!! I missed 12 more weeks before going back to church… then it stuck, or maybe it would be more correctly stated, God didn't let go…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

family trip

A new chapter, a new name

To feel or not to feel…