I mailed those letters the last day we were in Indiana. That night I had a dream. When I woke up all I knew was it was weird and it was about one of my widow ladies… MY (I claim them all as MINE!) Mrs. A., I worried about her for days! I didn't know what it was, but obviously I was supposed to be praying for her.
We arrived in Oregon the day Princess Diana died… August 31, 1997. Actually we arrived the night before, that was the news we woke to the next morning. Shocking.
Anyway. Monday, Labor Day, we headed south to the town I now live… the most beautiful place :). It was like arriving home, but I had never seen this place before. It was as familiar and comfortable as could be… it was where I belonged.
I was told there were not many places to get work, and I'd have to figure out a way to get around… within a week God provided me with 2 jobs and a car!
Mrs. A.? Well, I called her as soon as I could. She was so glad I did. You know what the strange part is… the day I mailed those letters and had that dream, was the same day she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Stunned me! Oh my. God didn't let me let go of my dear friend just as she was starting one of the hardest periods of her life. In stead he gave me the opportunity to keep in touch and be an encouragement to her. God is SO good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

family trip

A new chapter, a new name

To feel or not to feel…