D.B. Told me what she did in December of 1996, and that sermon on 1 Samuel 16 and the letter to B.K. Happened in, I think, February of 1997.
I was confused. God told me to go, but He didn't give me the way to go…
I knew I no longer belonged in the place I was, but I had no way out. All my widow ladies, and the couples that were my friends were great. They were available to me anytime, but they had encountered my stepfather's temper, and didn't want anything to do with causing it to flare. I understood nobody in the same town wanting me to move in with them. YV is a small place. If I were to move out of my parents' house and stay in YV, my stepfather would become the problem of whoever I moved in with. If I left home, I had to leave town… and the only place I had to go, was my grandmother in AZ, my mother's mother… and that really wasn't an option. When I visited there the summer before. I was there two weeks and it took six weeks after to relax and settle back into myself. But moving to Grandma's wouldn't have required me to come up with any money, and my stepfather probably wouldn't have followed me THERE, but that wasn't the answer either.  I didn't know what the answer was...
I continued to keep in touch with the adopted grandparents.
In April, I was offered another contract at the school for the next school year. And was excited to have the job…
I was dreading going to my grandmother's again. The last time I was there, even though I was able to get good sleep because my stepfather was 3 hours away, visiting grandma was becoming more and more stressful. She professes to be agnostic and her views on life ar far different than mine, and she was starting to see that. Grandma Lady remembered what a basket case I was when I returned from my grandmother's the summer before, and she didn't want me going to visit my grandmother any more than I wanted to.  So she and her husband made me an offer I couldn't refuse...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

family trip

A new chapter, a new name

seeing more...