Thanksgiving 2021

Thanksgiving seems like the perfect time to take a few moments and reflect on all my blessings.  I believe I am more blessed today than ever. My life just seems to be one blessing after another. Little things happen everyday that make God real in my life, and I cannot deny His goodness to me.

I am amazed at His provision for me and my family over this last year. My job ended in May when the lady I was caregiving for fell and broke her hip, then decided to move into an assisted living facility.  Though I have another job, I have not really started working yet, I have been so busy helping the Parents with their needs and caring for my children, that there hasn't been time for anything else, and God has been SO good, and has multiplied my finances in a miraculous way, that has made it possible to cover every expense without depleting my savings!  

God's love for me has been demonstrated throughout this year through the fiends and family He has given me in His Son Jesus Christ. I have made some very dear and special friendships this year, friendships that I hope and expect will last the rest of my life.  I cherish the life long friendships that have continued to grow and be strengthened over this year, and I mourn the loss of those who are either no longer a part of my life, or have passed away. Many of you who read these posts know my friends are my family and are so very important to me. People who think I matter, matter to me more than they could ever know!!

I can honestly say I am content with my life. I have what I need, and maybe even all I want 😊. I can for the first time in my life admit I am comfortable in my skin, and I even catch myself smiling like I like that person I see in the mirror.  She is still not all I would like her to be, but I like her ok, I think I could even be her friend 😊. Those of you who know me, and have known me for very long at all, know that is a pretty huge thing!

His grace is truly amazing! The more I realize I need Him for every breath, every step, every everything, the more faithful and real He becomes. I know I can trust Him and I know He knows my life: what has happened, what is happening, and what comes next. I don't know what my future looks like, but I know as long as I continue to rest in Him, I don't need to worry about it, He will bring His will to pass, and it will be perfect.

Thankful for my kids. Thankful for my adopted family in the Lord. Thankful for those I can call my friends. Thankful for my many material blessings. Thankful for my church and church family. Thankful for my ministry opportunities... Thankful for all things good and bad, for He has used the bad to bless me as well!

God is SO good! I am so unworthy! I am so blessed!

Thankful indeed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

family trip

A new chapter, a new name

To feel or not to feel…