Follow by Email

Thursday, November 4, 2010

We were not able to go on our usual trip

We were not able to go on our usual trip to grandma's for the Fourth of July that year, because I had to start Summer School on the fifth. Everything was my fault! By the time summer school started I had my plan. I don't remember it now (part of God's grace-He has taken that from me! Praise Him!)… I was gonna go to the first day of school. My mother had taught me even if you are sure you'll hate it, give it a try with an open mind and it may not be as bad as you expect-you might even like it. I knew she was wrong about 4 hours of history, 5 days a week for 6 weeks, but if I went to the first day of class, I would be the only one home when I got home… and step-daddy-dearest would be the "lucky" one to find me. So I would go, and follow thru when I got home. We only lived three blocks from school (we moved once a year every year for the first 5 years they were married… and 3 blocks seems to be the magic distance. lol)
On that walk to school a memory passed thru mind. It was that Pastor at camp when he told me I would never be alone. So I thought… then I prayed," God if that is true and you are always with me then you know my plan and how serious I am… if You are there and you don't want me to do it, prove it. Give me one friend, a true friend, one I can trust as much as they will trust me. Someone who won't be ashamed or embarrassed to be known as my friend. A friend for life."

No comments:

Post a Comment